February First Tuesday Session: Maryland DHS/Social Services & MRPA Survey Results
In 2020, the Maryland DHS/Social Service and the Maryland Resource Parent Association conducted a joint survey to ask parents to evaluate their relationships with the MRPA and other local county resource parent associations.
We are pleased to share the results of that survey with our audience.
The survey results are found at https://mrpa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/MRPA-Survey-Infographic-Summary-of-Results-Nov-20.pdf This link will download the results.
During this Zoom meeting, Moderators MRPA President Rob Huddler and Executive Director Arnie Eby will discuss the findings and encourage discussion with resource parents about the results. Our mission is to serve the needs of these parents across Maryland, and want to take opportunity to hear directly from YOU. Please join us!
When: Tuesday, 2/2, 8pm to 9:30pm ET
Register for the Zoom call here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwrdu6hrD0jHtyYOL4WIBwv4bEoJz-lonOp
Would you like to submit a question to be discussed in the meeting? Please do so here: https://mrpa.org/first-tuesday-february-2-2021-questions-for-the-session
We hope to see you there!
Questions to consider before the session…. These emerged as questions and themes in the survey results. If any of these are of particular interest to you, ask about it on the survey for the session!
- Is there a need for more localized resources that are specific to your jurisdiction?
- Do you know folks locally? If not, would you like to network more with those in your area?
- What ideas do you have for connection during these times of social distancing?
- Is there information that you wish was on the MRPA website that is not present currently?
- Is there anything currently preventing you from getting involved with the various support organizations?
- Are there resources we can offer to help build relationships with the family of origin? Trainings, helpful ideas, etc.?
- In what ways would you like for us to communicate with you?
- Would you like for your information to be available to other Resource Parents?
- In what ways would you like the MRPA to advocate for you and your children?
- If you are a kinship parent, what unique needs would you like us to address for you?
January First Tuesday Session: Josh Kroll of the NACAC on the topic of Adoption Tax Credits (Handout and Video of the Session)
Handout (Will download the file)