COVID-19 News That Impacts Resource Families
MD DHS Guidance on COVID-19 Vaccine for Youth in Out-of-Home Placement (2/1/22)
COVID-19 infections can be a minor hindrance or lead to severe disease or even death. Children,...
MD Students Attending In-School Instruction No longer Eligible for Pandemic EBT Benefits
Pandemic EBT Issuance MD Students Attending In-School Instruction No longer Eligible for...
New P-EBT Updates/Nuevas actualizaciones de la P-EBT
New P-EBT Updates The Maryland Department of Human Services in collaboration with the Maryland...
CHAMPS Pandemic EBT Program Update
Download a printable copy of this update here: https://mrpa.org/download/5255/ (The links will...
DHS Updates on the Children’s Cabinet Funds
We have posted two important updates to the status of reimbursement funding! COVID-19...
Links to Important Updates & Articles
- A message from the Child Welfare Academy on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and upcoming trainings.
- A Parent’s Gude: Navigating Special Education during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Affordable Internet Options for Students
- As Coronavirus Shutdowns Grow, Resource Families Left with Little Guidance
- Children’s Bureau Information Memo – Family Visitation Time
- Children’s Bureau’s Guidance Regarding Case Worker Visits
- DHS COVID-19 Preparedness
- Fact Sheet for Grandfamilies and Multigenerational Families
- FAQs and Guidance for Child Care Providers during COVID-19
- Managing Stress-Anxiety During COVID-19
- Maryland Department of Human Services Continues to Provide All Programs and Services to Marylanders While Closing Buildings to the Public in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Parent COVID-19 Resource Guide
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019- Messages for parents, school staff, and others working with children
- Talking With Children: Tips for Caregivers, Parents, and Teachers During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- Talking with Youth about COVID-19
- The ‘New Normal’: Youth Law Center’s COVID-19 Resource Series
- The Power of Connection: How Resource Families Can Support Adolescents Through COVID-19 Crisis
- The United States Center for Disease Control
- TIPS FOR YOUNG PARENTS: COPING DURING CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
- Update on the June NFPA 50th Annual Education Conference
MRPA’s Executive Director Arnie Eby was featured in an NBC piece released yesterday, 9/21, on the impact of COVID-19 on Foster children and parents.
Virginia, Maryland and Washington, D.C., are easing some restrictions and rules placed on foster parents and foster children during the COVID-19 pandemic.
A News4 I-Team review found a series of safety precautions were ordered at the beginning of the crisis and have complicated the lives and work of foster families and the social service professionals who administer the system.
Watch the video and read the full story here! https://www.nbcwashington.com/investigations/covid-19-pandemic-impacting-foster-children-parents/2424143/
Our very own Executive Director Arnie Eby was featured as part of an NPR discussion of the effects of COVD-19 on foster children and resource parents. Have a listen!
To see the full transcript, visit https://www.marketplace.org/…/…/covid-19-foster-care-system/
What To DO With Those Kids!?
MRPA Executive Director Arnold Eby joins Irene Clements in a discussion with Rhonda Sciortino on the topic, ‘What To DO With Those Kids!’ during the COVID19 self isolation.