Maryland Resource Parent Association is seeking an Executive Director to represent the interest of foster, adoptive and kinship parents in the state.
The Director is responsible for managing state grants, running the organization, and supporting foster and kinship parents, with help from a volunteer board. This opportunity plays a vital role in the organization and allows the right candidate to build on their experience with social media, fundraising, and grant management. This is an exciting primarily remote opportunity for someone who has foster system experience.
Major Duties/Essential Functions
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following.
• Prepare quarterly report for State of MD Social Security Administration (SSA) and Department of Human resources (DHS) regarding MRPA’s grant activities
• Keep current with what is happening at the state level and how it could impact the organization/funding
• Prepare monthly report to the Board and Officers of important events and the status of MRPA projects, including speaking invitations and responses to inquiries
• Work with Board to formulate budget
• Work with business manager to obtain & maintain insurance, etc.
• Delegate duties to volunteers/officers, etc.
• Additional management duties regarding policy/procedures
Work with foster parents and local parent organizations.
• Maintain and monitor website and Facebook postings
• Respond to inquiries from foster parents via phone, email, or Facebook, etc.
• Additional duties/interaction with foster system, etc.
• Proven organizational, leadership and communication skills, (written, verbal and virtual) requiring interaction with diverse audiences
• Skill and experience in public presentation/speaking to large audiences using multi-media
• Ability to provide one’s own support functions, familiarity with Google suites, equipment and a variety of virtual mediums
• Ability to facilitate a collaborative decision-making process
• Understanding of the budget constraints and financial management of federally and locally funded organizations
• Must be a strong problem solver and be adept at advocating for a positive outcome
• At least two years’ experience with grants management
• Personal or professional experience with the foster system is preferred
• Experience preparing/managing a quarterly budget
• Operational experience running/maintaining an office
• Fundraising experience is preferred
• Experience with Google sheets, slides
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume directlyto Kwanza Sykes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: This is a primarily remote position, but the selected candidate should live in the DMV area; preferably Maryland, to attend events (i.e. fundraisers, board meetings) when needed. There will also be occasional travel into Annapolis and/or Baltimore for meetings.